The charm of LED lighting, coupled with the soothing effects of a humidifier, can transform any space into a serene oasis. Combining the two into a compact and portable stick form is not only innovative but also cost-effective. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of creating your own DIY LED Humidifier Stick.
- USB Ultrasonic Mist Maker
- RGB LED Strip (preferably with remote control)
- Transparent Acrylic Tube (length and diameter as per your choice)
- Distilled Water
- Rechargeable Battery Pack (compatible with the mist maker and LED strip)
- Silicone Sealant
- Thin Wires
- On/Off Switch
Steps to Create the DIY LED Humidifier Stick:
1. Preparing the Acrylic Tube:
- Start by ensuring the tube is clean inside out.
- Measure and mark the position where you want your LED strip to start and end.
2. Installing the Mist Maker:
- Securely fit the USB ultrasonic mist maker at the bottom of the tube. Ensure it sits snugly.
- Make a small hole at the base of the tube for the mist maker wire.
3. Fitting the LED Strip:
- Gently stick the LED strip inside the tube, starting from the marked position.
- Ensure that the LED strip is evenly spaced and firmly attached to the tube’s inner wall.
- Connect the wires of the LED strip and the mist maker to the rechargeable battery pack.
- Integrate the on/off switch into the circuit, ensuring you can easily access it once everything is assembled.
- Ensure all connections are firm and insulated to avoid any short-circuits.
5. Sealing the Tube:
- Using the silicone sealant, seal the base of the tube, ensuring it’s watertight. Let it dry as per the sealant instructions.
- Fill the tube with distilled water till the desired level, making sure the mist maker is fully submerged but the LED strip is above the water level.
- Turn on the switch. The mist maker should start producing mist, and the LED should light up, illuminating the mist in different colors.
Usage and Maintenance Tips:
- Always use distilled water to avoid mineral deposits that might affect the ultrasonic mist maker’s functioning.
- Clean the tube regularly to ensure it remains clear and free from any microbial growth.
- Charge the battery pack as required. If the LED brightness diminishes or the mist production is low, it might be time for a recharge.
Creating a DIY LED Humidifier Stick not only adds aesthetic value to your space but also provides the benefits of a humidifier, like preventing dry skin and respiratory issues. It’s a simple yet impactful device, ideal for personal desks, bedside tables, or even as a gift. Enjoy the soothing mist and calming LED lights in your very own, self-made masterpiece.